New Version: Cycle 2.5
December 20, 2019
Our latest release, 2.5.0 is now available for all existing Cycle users. See what's new below, and download from the User Portal today!
What's New in 2.5.0
Please find the following high-level summary of the 2.5.0 release.
- Data Support for Scenario Outlines: Instead of having to hardcode Scenario Outline Example data in your Cycle Feature, you can now import Example data directly from an external data source (CSV, SQL, MSQL, and data store).
- Web API Steps: Cycle can now interface with the backend APIs of complex enterprise applications for data setup, cleanup, and configuring test permutations. Web API Steps exist for basic operations such as POST, GET, PUT, and DELETE, as well as for working with JSON in Cycle.
- Stored Connections and Credentials: Connection and credential information such as database URLs, usernames, and passwords can now be securely saved in Cycle user settings, and referenced by name in connection Steps. Users can now reuse the same sets of connections and credentials across multiple Projects with ease, and updates to credentials used across multiple tests will be much easier given they are stored in one central place.
- In-App Support Ticket Logging: Instead of minimizing Cycle and going to help.cycleautomation.com to log a Support ticket, you can now do it directly from within the app.
- Dark Theme: It seems like Dark Themes are all the rage right now, and Cycle has jumped on the bandwagon! If your eyes grow weary reading dark text on a white background, Cycle’s new Dark Mode theme is a setting you don’t want to miss.
- Miscellaneous Bug Fixes and Improvements. As always, we included various bug and Step fixes, a handful of new Steps, error message and notification improvements, and Group Test and Output Panel performance improvements.
Cycle Development Team
Global Engineering Group Upgrades WMS with Tryon Solutions & CycleOur customer is a global, high-technology engineering group founded in 1862. The company is a leader in tools and tooling systems for metal cutting; equipment, tools and services for the mining and...
Prominent Food and Beverage Customer Performs Regression and End-to-End Testing with CycleOur well-known food and beverage industry customer founded in 1897, has an extensive portfolio of consumer food and beverage brands. The company reported more than $7 billion in...
Essential Checklist for Deciding Which Tests to Automate To automate or not to automate?That is the question a lot of test professionals ask themselves- when deciding what tests should be run by software and which ones are best performed by people?To help, we've come...
What We Covered: High level explanation of Cycle as a behavior-driven test automation solution Overview of advantages including collaboration, lower maintenance, streamlining, and how Cycle is used to mitigate deployment risk Overview of Cycle interface, syntax, key...
The retail landscape is transforming--do you have the people and processes in place to excel? In this whitepaper, we outline the 5 ways to succeed in this consumer-driven landscape.