Cycle releases version 2.8
RALEIGH, N.C., APRIL 12, 2021 – Cycle is excited to announce the official release of Cycle 2.8 went live on April 8th, 2021 for our userbase. The 2.8 release was full of big feature improvements, updates, and new features. Below are some of the key features and improvements you can expect with Cycle 2.8.
Support for BlueYonder WMS Dispatcher is one of the largest features added to this release. Tests can now be created and executed for Dispatcher more quickly and reliably, without the need for a connector or the heavy use of image matching. This functionality extends beyond Dispatcher, though, enabling our users to directly interact with other Java Swing applications. Steps have been created for opening apps using web start, as applets or via jar files. Users can validate text and objects on the screen, type text, press keys, click, double-click, and right-click objects, assign object attributes to variables, and more!
Additional Miscellaneous Updates:
- Variables can now be loaded and overwritten via HOCON config files, which are simple, human-readable text files containing key-value pairs.
- New Steps were added for creating and sorting lists, retrieving metadata about lists, and adding and removing elements from lists.
- New Steps were added for trimming and padding strings, splitting strings into lists, and parsing and formatting dates in strings, and storing the results as variables.
- New Steps were added for creating strings by applying a mask and series of arguments and storing them as variables.
- New Steps were added for assigning the current timestamp to a variable, and for adding amounts of time to stored timestamps.
- New Steps were added for generating random integers and storing them as variables.
- A new Step was added for generating a new UUID as a variable.
- A new Step was added to perform negative validation of a MOCA status number.
- New Steps for “I scan in web browser” were added to improve readability of web terminal tests.
- The “I do not see element in web” Step now takes a screenshot automatically.
- The number of rows resulting from SQL queries are now tracked and available via a variable.
- The default file structure for new projects now matches new standards used in our Feature Bundle.
Since we like to let our customers be a guiding voice in our product roadmap, let us know if you think we are missing something else.