[2.2.1] - 2019-02-18
- Adds a button to test Email Summary report settings.
- Adds a line counter for each file Cycle is reading from for smoother CSV interaction.
- Adds a prompt warning the user of currently running tests before closing Cycle.
- Adds ability to drag and drop files from one folder to another in the Project Directory panel.
- Adds better error messages if Cycle is unable to delete a file.
- Adds in more helpful error message when Cycle is unable to validate license.
- Adds in more helpful info when available for MOCA errors.
- Adds more helpful Cycle-CLI error messages.
- Adds new option in
Project settings > Advanced settingsfor SSL validation through a Truststore file.
- Adds step "I open local terminal"
- Adds support for either forward slashes or backslashes in file path references throughout Cycle.
- Adds Telnet negotiation support for Cycle to have direct interaction with Windows Telnet service.
- Changes behavior of the Enable Keyboard in Group Tests option to also select the terminal clicked on.
- Changes Data Store connection fields to not show inapplicable fields for MOCA Databases.
- Changes output for Image Match steps to use the same units as the associated setting.
- Changes the "I stop tracing" Step to "I stop MOCA tracing" for better clarity.
- Fixes an issue breaking normal functionality of the "I open JDA screen..." step.
- Fixes an issue displaying images in some HTML reports.
- Fixes an issue where line numbers referenced in error messages were incorrect.
- Fixes an issue where Open and Save dialogs would not default to the current Project directory.
- Fixes an issue where renaming a Feature in the file browser did not update the tab name of the open Feature.
- Fixes an issue with "I execute MOCA script..." forcing file paths to be relative.
- Fixes an issue with MOCA connections being blocked by SSL Certificate issues even if setting for
Skip SSL Validationwas turned on.
- Fixes an issue with pauses inside of inner Scenarios not being forwarded properly.
- Fixes an issue with the H2 logging creating a bunch of extra db files.
- Fixes an issue with the subject line of Email Summary reports saying "Root Node Failed" instead of the Feature name.
- Fixes Data Store connection fields to not show inapplicable fields for MOCA Databases.
- Fixes issue where "Test Failed" notification in message bar would not show relevant details on the cause of failure.
- Fixes issue where Cycle would jump focus to the top line in certain cases.
[2.2.0] - 2019-01-24
Version 2.2.0 introduces the Projects framework to Cycle!
- Adds new setting for Variable Blacklisting to mask values of blacklisted variables in Cycle output and reports.
- Adds support for 5-digit port numbers in Steps that reference specific ports.
- Adds "Line Wrapping" setting to have longer Steps wrap to multiple lines.
- Adds Project Name parameter to Cycle-CLI.
- Adds additional Step for connecting to H2 databases that require a
- The majority of settings formerly found in Cycle Preferences have been moved to the Project Settings panel. More Info
- Existing Cycle files will need to be imported as Projects after updating to this version.
- Cleaner output from Cycle-CLI tests, extra details related to logging moved to log file.
- Fixes an issue recalling blacklisted variables in certain circumstances.
- Fixes an issue with captured images not being saved into the correct directory.
- Fixes issue with Playlists not executing Features located in subdirectories.
- Fixes issue with Login and Logout functions hanging briefly.
[2.1.1] - 2018-11-19
- Fixes an issue with Data Store connection to MOCA not using the specified port when one is included in MOCA Server URL.
- Fixes an error caused by restarting a terminal in a Group Test while logging results to H2 database.
- Fixes an implementation error with
If I see image...Step.
[2.1.0] - 2018-11-05
- Adds Microsoft Edge support for web Steps.
- Adds new prompt on quit of Cycle to save all unsaved files.
- Adds ability for all test types to log results to a CSV file.
- Adds new reporting settings to log results directly to a Data Store (JDBC, MOCA, H2).
- Adds empty state message to File Browser to guide new user on a fresh install on how to set a Resource Directory.
- Adds image of what was in terminal to results for
I see...in terminalSteps.
- Improves performance and reduces system resources used when running Group Tests.
- Expands support for all test types to report to a CSV file.
- Fixes Steps
I maximize Cycleand
I minimize Cycle.
- Fixes user prompt Steps hanging and not prompting the user.
- Fixes broken status icon on stopped Playlists.
- Fixes issue with
I open new tab in web browserStep in Internet Explorer.
- Fixes issue with
I press keys...in terminalStep failing when it should not.
[2.0.2] - 2018-09-28
- Adds "Jump to first error" option to context menu in Output Panel.
- Adds more intuitive drag and drop behavior when creating Group Tests.
- Updates auto-suggest when saving Feature files to suggest current name of the tab.
- Adds new Step for connecting to H2 databases.
- Adds support for legacy MOCA socket connections.
- Adds better error handling for invalid MOCA connection attempts.
- Adds activity indicator for Data Extract tool.
- Adds "Pertinent Settings" section to Step Assistant tab.
- Adds "Go to line" functionality to context menu in Output Panel.
- Adds option for "Verbose log files" to Advanced Settings.
- Adds new Step for closing SQL connections.
- Adds support for Enter key to login dialog.
- Includes worker name in output of Group Tests.
- Updates support email address displayed in Help menu.
- Updates Output Panel behavior to auto-scroll when an individual worker is selected.
- Increases performance for some back end processes.
- Increases performance on longer-running Group Tests.
- Increases performance on larger-volume Group Tests.
- Scrolling improvements added for Output Panel.
- Improves performance for terminal-based executions.
- Updates branding on email summary report to use latest Cycle logo.
- Improves performance of Output Panel for Playlists and Group Tests.
- More helpful error messages when Cycle cannot locate an element within a larger element.
- Improves stability after resetting terminals as a Step during Group Tests.
- Better stability for navigating around Cycle while Data Extract Tool is running.
- Updates Terminal Recording to use the screen size specified in the "Connect to terminal server" dialog.
- No longer allows a Group Test to begin execution without a Group Name, Feature File, and CSV file.
- Fixes issue with
I execute MOCA dataset…Step stalling.
- Addresses issue with Cycle locking up if an individual worker in a Group Test is selected.
- Fixes inverse ordering of Steps in HTML reports.
- Fixes issue with
I prompt…Step hanging on execution.
- Fixes overlapping issue with line/column indicators on Cycle's terminal.
- Fixes issue with reports failing to generate for Cycle-CLI executions.
- Fixes overlapping issue with some Playlist and Group Test rows.
- Fixes issue causing UI to lock up when opening and modifying Group Tests in multiple tabs.
- Fixes issue where Cycle would continue execution after a given Feature, Playlist or Group Test was closed manually.
- Fixes issue accessing $row_count variable from MOCA command.
- Updates some replacement Step suggestions.
- Fixes issue with saving tags for Group Tests.
- Fixes issue with Pause and Stop not responding during some executions.
- Fixes issue with executed Scenarios not displaying in chronological order on Web reports.
- Fixes issue with
I open new tab in web browserStep causing an error in Chrome. For IE,
I press keys "CTRL+T"still preferable.
- Fixes issue with restarting a device in a Group Test causing the whole Group Test to freeze up.
- Fixes issue with Terminal Recording not outputting valid Steps.
- Fixes issue where selecting a tag for Group Test execution would affect the selection of other tags.
- Fixes issue where Cycle would hang if license key was not properly encrypted.
- Fixes issue with Cycle-CLI aborting at the end of execution.
- Fixes issue where MOCA commands would still execute after MOCA connection was closed.
- Fixes issue with Enable/Disable keyboard button in Cycle Ribbon not being clickable when it should be.
- Fixes issue with Cycle recording incorrect cursor positions during Terminal recording.
- Fixes issue with dragging Feature Files from file browser into Group Tests.
- Fixes issue with placeholder text in Group Test fields not disappearing when clicked.
[2.0.1] - 2018-07-11
- Adds a default timeout of 120 seconds to the Step:
I navigate to "<URL>" in web browser.
- Adds support for WIN key in key-press Steps.
- Ports forward the user variable
lastMocaCommandthat was available in previous Cycle versions.
- Adds replacement Step information to hover text for deprecated Steps in the Editor.
- Adds support for arrow keys to desktop recording tool.
- Ports forward two additional Steps from version 1.11:
I hold down keys <KEY_OR_KEY_COMBINATION>and
I release keys <KEY_OR_KEY_COMBINATION>.
- Fixes issue that kept the following Step from recognizing images:
I click "Image:<IMAGE_FILE_PATH>" with correlation <NUMBER> within <NUMBER> seconds.
- Improves error messages for
I do not see...image Steps so they are less confusing.
- Fixes unexpected errors when stopping a Playlist.
- Fixes an issue in a specific context where closing a tab without saving would freeze Cycle.
- Fixes subject line of Email Summary reports for Group Tests so they correctly indicate pass or fail.
- Makes pause functionality work with terminal validation and key-press Steps.
- Fixes pause functionality when executing web and terminal tests.
- Corrects timestamp in CSV reports for devices that were reset during Group Test execution.
- Corrects Group Test web reports so they include Steps if that setting is selected in Cycle's Preferences.
- Fixes issue that allows terminal connection Steps to pass even when invalid server information is provided.
- Fixes the following Step so it catches error messages displayed in the terminal:
I see error message "<ERROR_MESSAGE_TEXT>" in terminal.
- Enables multiple tags to be selected and run in a Group Test without error.
- Corrects issues with the identifier being recognized when executing these deprecated MOCA Steps:
identifier <LOAD|SUBLOAD|DETAIL|LOCATION> "<TEXT>" contains <NUMBER> unitsand
identifier <LOAD|SUBLOAD|DETAIL|TRAILER> "<TEXT>" is in location "<TEXT>".
- Makes the following deprecated Step work as expected:
I start tracing to trace file "<PATH_TO_FILE>".
- Fixes reversed parameters in the following Steps:
I assign next value from sequence "<SEQUENCE>" to "<VARIABLE_NAME>"and
I get the next value for sequence "<TEXT>" as "<TEXT>".
- Enables terminal key-press Steps to press alphanumeric keys.
I execute SQL script "<SQL_FILE_PATH>",
I clean out data from SQL dataset "<PATH_TO_CLEANUP>", and
I execute cleanup script for SQL dataset "<DATASET_DIRECTORY_PATH>".
- Fixes unexpected error received when executing deprecated
RF line contains...Steps.
- Corrects issue causing Auto Complete to overwrite existing valid Step when the Enter key is pressed.
- Enables Inspector Panel to detect tags separated by a line break.
File > Recentmenu include files created, saved, and closed within the current Cycle session.
- Corrects issue with licenses not getting valid serial numbers on Windows machines.
- Fixes reports so that angle bracketed-words (e.g., variable names) are displayed appropriately.
A major design overhaul brings new tools into Cycle’s user interface!
- The Cycle Ribbon gives quick access to buttons for inserting Scenarios, Backgrounds, After Scenarios, keywords and other content into the Editor, as well as recording terminal and desktop actions.
- A convenient File Browser panel allows easy navigation to Cycle resources.
- The Image Accessory simplifies the process of capturing images, and inserting and renaming images within Cycle Steps.
- The Cycle Preferences area brings a fresh layout to configuring Cycle.
A handy New Inspector Panel to the right of the Editor includes:
- Step Assistant tab, which gives immediate info on Steps, including parameters and examples, while creating or editing a Feature.
- Settings tab, which allows for quick overrides to Cycle’s default preferences for specific Features, Playlists, or Group Tests.
- Output tab, which shows the currently executing and previously executed Steps.
Data Extract tool redesigned to pop into side panel rather than overtaking the Editing window.
- The terminal window is now integrated into Cycle's Editor.
- Playlists and Group tests support drag-and-drop for adding/moving items.
Feature File Editor Improvements:
- Auto Complete won't remove pre-filled parameters
- Auto Complete will flag deprecated Steps and provide replacement Steps
- Deprecated Step warnings
- Real-time tag and Scenario counters
Improved logging to resolve support issues
- Smarter Step delay does not affect Steps that are fully contained within Cycle, such as setting variables
- Improved failure handling options
- More intuitive Group Test drill-down and navigation
- Next generation execution engine brings significant performance increase
- License check ignores SSL/TLS Certificate issues
New Steps added:
I right click element "id:loginButton" in web browser (within 3 seconds)
I verify last error is equal to "404 Page not found"
I verify scenario status is equal to "failed/skipped/passed"
I verify last error is defined
I verify last error is undefined
I verify scenario passed
I verify scenario failed